Choose where to load webtuna.js from
The webtuna.js file can be loaded either from your own webserver or from our globally distributed CDN (content delivery network).
Option 1 - Copy the webtuna.js to your web server(s)
- Copy the webtuna.js file to the root directory or another suitable location on your web server using FTP, SFTP or your normal upload method.
- Loading from your own server means you can decide when to update webtuna.js to a new version.
Option 2 - Load webtuna.js from our global CDN
- A CDN is a content delivery network which caches content around the world.
- webtuna.js can be loaded from https://cdn.webtuna.com/webtuna.js rather than copying it to your own web server
- If you load from here then it will automatically be updated to the latest version when we push a new release.
This depends on your site and which framework, application or CMS (Content Management System) you are using for your site. Usually there will be a template, include file or master page which contains code which appears on every page on your site.
Code in the <HEAD>
Code before the closing </BODY> tag
Verifying the code
To verify that the code has been inserted into your page, load the page in your browser and refresh the page (CTRL-F5) to make sure you have the latest version. Then right-click and choose “View Page Source” and you should see something like this:
As soon as users now visit the site webtuna.js will begin collecting data.